It has been a long exile in pandemic-land, but a new time is coming. Who will you be then?
Have you been thinking a lot about that new word "languishing"? Or maybe you've had so much on you feel overwhelmed or even burned out... It's been a long time on hold, a time when the world shrank down to a screen on the desktop. We've all been wondering about the shape of the future and who we will be when we finally emerge. Maybe you've had some of the same experiences:
- All the plans you made for 2020 dropped away and it left you wondering about your identity. A new year rolled around, but you still feel like you are in slow motion somehow.
- The pandemic has left you stuck at home, feeling isolated. And even more than the social isolation, you feel trapped in your own head, living the story of the movie Groundhog Day.
- You feel a call for something new, an inner urging for change, but you can't quite articulate what it is. You feel a bit like a leaf stuck in an eddy.
- Others seem to have cracked the code, and their social media trumpets success. But reading these posts only makes you feel behind and overwhelmed. And you'e not sure that's the kind of success you're looking for anyway.
- At work and in the world there's a sense of rushing. People want to get out and DO something, anything! You're missing the place where you can be real about where you are, find clarity about where you want to be and feel supported to take your next courageous steps.
I've been feeling this way, too. So I want to do what I do best -- working with the power of stories and questions -- and invite you to join me in a Circle of Clarity & Courage.
One of the best places to find support and assistance is in a circle of fellow seekers. We will bring our stories and from them craft a powerful question that reflects what we're looking for right now in life or work. We'll use The Flow Game to help us inquire deeply into our own innate wisdom.
These three steps mean clarity can arise. You'll feel a sense of opening and fresh direction, with others at your back as you uncover your next steps.
It's deep, practical, refreshing and takes about four hours. You'll come away with the sense of more ground beneath your feet and wind beneath your wings.
Stepping into the Circle
My invitation to you...
Step 1: Find & bring your story
What is the story you're living in now and where do you hope and dream it might go? Bring that story with you. A story is fertile ground for transformation. We'll use our stories to identify the doors we want to open and step through. Inside of our stories are the seeds of what holds us back and also our greatest potential. We can find them together. Having fresh insight into the story you're telling yorself means it can finally offer you the gifts it holds.
Step 2: Craft a powerful question
From our stories, we will find the red thread that will take us to the doorway into the future. To open the door, we need a key. Questions are powerful door openers, giving us a fresh perspective on the place we find ourselves and offering new ways of looking at things. Once you know the secret power of questions, you'll never be without one . A powerful question can dance with us over time, opening fresh insight again and again. You only need a draft question to start with -- we will work on sharpening our questions together when we meet.
Step 3: Play the Flow Game
It looks like a game, but it's a game changer! The Flow Game is a powerful tool for creating an interactive reflection and breaking through the fog. It gives you the unique opportunity to explore the present or future in an intuitive and insightful way. Everyone in the circle becomes Wisdom Council for each other. It's amazing how much you can learn supporting someone else and being supported in turn. You will come away with clarity about what you want and the courage to take your next steps towards it.
Here's what they say about the Circle experience...
What question could change your life?
What story is calling your name?
I am a storyteller, storycatcher and storyweaver. I just love listening to stories and finding the gold in them and my superpower is to be able to see and name the gifts people carry. I've been a host and facilitator for more than 25 years, working all over the world. I'm a steward of the Flow Game, and I've been playing with it and learning from it since 2008. I would be my privilege an honour to welcome you to a Circle!
The background material you receive will step you through how to prepare. You'll choose a story to focus on, draft a question and get clear on your intention. Perfection is not required! This is the starting point.
Each circle will happen online over Zoom
We will work together for 4 hours in total, either on the same day or over two half days, depending on timezone.
There will be a maximum of 6 players per circle
You will receive dedicated time and attention to support you. Be prepared for a deep, delicious and turbo-charged boost!
You will also get personal feedback from Mary Alice on your story, your question and your Game results.
Joining a Circle
A Circle of Clarity & Courage can happen whenever it is needed
Come and spend a short, but dedicated time with fellow travellers and then let what you learn percolate inside you by the beach or by the fire.
This moment is a fantastic time to focus inward.
Contact Mary Alice and state your preferences. Once a cohort has formed, we will set dates and times.
Do you want to be in the circle with others you know? Please invite them! If you'd like a circle for your own cohort or in an organizational context, please speak to Mary Alice.
Once a cohort has formed, we will set dates and times.
Here are some examples of four hour windows:
- ET 8:00 -am - 12:00. pm / CET 14:00 - 18:00
- ET 10:00 am - 2:00 pm /15:00 - 19:00
- PT 9:00 am - 1:00 pm/ET 12:00 - 4:00 pm
- PT 4:00 - 8:00 pm/ ET 7:00 - 11:00 pm/ Brisbane 9:00 - 13:00 following day
- ET 6:00 - 10:00 am/ Perth 18:00 - 23:00. same day
- ET 8:30 - 12:30. pm/ Perth 8:30 - 12:30 following day